It was a pretty quiet week this past week. Not a lot going on, which is nice :) I like to be busy and productive, but sometimes it is good to slow down and take it easy. Here's what I was up to this past week:
1. I've been invited to go with a friend to get a facial, so I made a thank you card using supplies on hand.
2. I continued to use things on hand to stretch my food budget.
3. The children and I went with my mom to her neighborhood pool. This will be a weekly summer treat :)
4. I cleaned out my dresser and bagged up some donations for the thrift. I also made a list of items I need to look for.
5. I downloaded a few free kindle books.
6. I attended a free sock making class presented by a member of my needlecraft guild. It was the second one and there will be two more. I've always wanted to learn how to knit socks!
7. I worked on said sock, plus a small cross stitch pattern, a knitted summer hat, and I made a dishcloth using a new to me technique called corner to corner crochet. It was fast and easy...my kind of project!
8. I started another dishcloth using the same technique.
9. I did the usually cooking from scratch and cleaning.
10. I went to see my eldest girl :) She's attending a five week summer program at the school she'll be attending in the fall. She's only been gone a week, but I miss her so much! It was wonderful to see her. The school is about two hours away.
11. I worked on a summer schedule for the remaining children at home, using free online resources. I have two wanting to learn German (one of whom will be taking German in the fall. She just wants a jump start), two wanting to learn how to knit, one that needs to practice guitar, one that wants to start Geometry, one that needs to keep up with their Latin, and they all need to do summer reading.
12. I signed up my middle daughter for the summer bridge program at the high school she'll be attending in the fall. It's four, half days in August.
13. I started making my list for the beach! We'll be leaving on July 16 and I can't wait! The children and I look forward to this trip all year long :)
That's about all for me this week. What did you do?