Monday, July 3, 2017

MPM (July 3-9)




Hi there!

Can you believe it's July already? It seems the kids just got out of school and here it is the third! Independence Day is literally just around the corner and time is flying by. My oldest (17) will be  graduating this year. She recently got the card with her senior portrait appointment on it and has signed up for her SAT. Scary stuff!

In other news, there is an interesting discussion going on over at The Bluebirds Are Nesting about food prices. It is so interesting to me how widely food prices can fluctuate. Not only from country to country or state to state, but even store to store! I usually shop four stores, sometimes five, and I may be adding a sixth if I ever find the time to stop in and check it out! My first store is Aldi. We didn't always have an Aldi's here. In fact, I don't think it has been here quite a year, but there are now several open and there is another one getting ready to open by my house. I get a lot of staples there (flour, sugar, ect) plus gluten free items because the price is so good.

The second store I go to is Kroger. They always have good sales and it is my favorite place for butter (especially when it goes on sale for $1.99...but that is only once a year, near the holidays). I can sometimes find good prices on meat if they are having a sale, too. Oh, and canned vegetables. I love their brand and they are always on sale!

The third store I frequent is Food Lion. I get the bulk of my produce here and it is fairly good quality at my store. The price is right, too. I'll pick other things up here, also, if they are on sale, such as seltzer water or meat.

Number four is the Walmart Neighborhood Market. I don't go here as much as I do the others, but when I do it's for dry goods such as rice or coffee. This is also the only place I can get Zote for my laundry detergent.

The fifth (which is my favorite, but is an hour and a half away) is Wegman's. I only get to go there every few months, but when I do, I stock up on eggs, peanut butter, and hot dogs. The prices on their eggs ($1.79 for 3 dozen) and peanut butter ($7.49 for two 40oz jars) are fantastic and the hot dogs (Huffman brand) are the only ones my kids will eat. lol.

On occasion, I go to a local store that often has good prices on meat and has bulk spices.

The store that I haven't checked out yet is Lidl. There is one that opened right by my house, I just haven't had the time and when I have, the store has been packed. I'm sure I'll get by there one of these days!

On to the menu for this week:

Monday:
Taking the kids to Wendy's for a rare treat

Tuesday:
Creamy Italian chicken
Rice
Green beans

Wednesday:
Breakfast--
French toast waffles
Hash browns
Corned beef hash
Scrambled eggs

Thursday:
Company from out of town--
taking them out

Friday:
Hamburger steak
Mashed potatoes
Salad

Saturday:
YOYO

Sunday:
Sausage frittata
Browned potatoes
Salad

Need some menu ideas? Check out orgjunkie.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment