Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Has Srping Sprung?

Hello, Friends!

Yesterday was the first day of spring! At least, that's what the calendar says :) The weather, of course, hasn't gotten the memo. Today though, is supposed to be a glorious 65 degrees before dipping back down into the 40's. I am so ready for the warmer weather! But, warm weather is not the only sign of spring. I have enjoyed my daffodils and crocus. There is new green growth on the lawn. A tree that we've had since we moved in is sporting new green leaves and, for the first time, it is flowering! We think it might be a pear tree! The birds are coming out and I love to listen to their cheerful chirping as they too, welcome a new season.

Spring is definitely one of my favorite seasons. Who am I kidding? I truly love each season as each one is so different and has different things to offer. Spring is a wonderful season for cleaning. Yes, cleaning! I'm firmly in the midst of decluttering and organizing, sending out bags and bags to the charity shops. Letting go of things I no longer use or love. It's been wonderful! And I still have more to go! It's also a wonderful season for an impromptu picnic, if the weather is behaving. You don't even have to go far...the backyard would do just fine :) A blanket, easy food...everything tastes better outdoors. If you have a firepit, perhaps you could even roast hot dogs and make s'mores, though that conjures images of summer, and I'm not quite ready for that yet!

Easter is coming, too. Something else that I'm not quite ready for. Luckily it's a bit late this year, so I do have a little time to finish getting ready for it! I cam across this video today and I think it's such a great idea! With my youngest being 11, I was struggling with what to do for Easter. They have rapidly outgrown toys (mostly...the 11 and 12 year old still like them sometimes, but they are getting away from them) and they certainly don't need a ton of candy. I don't believe any of them need new bathing suits, as they all got new last year and everything still fits. But I love the concept and I can definitely work with it! 

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Are you enjoying the signs of spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment