Monday, November 7, 2016

MPM (November 7-13) and Being Thankful: November 7

Hi there!

It's hard to believe that a week has flown by already! Thanksgiving and Christmas are creeping ever closer. Luckily, I have been able to get a jump start on gifts this year, and already have several secured and there ideas for others, but that is another post.

In case you missed it, like many other bloggers this time of year, I'm doing a post a day about something I'm thankful for. I thought today I would combine my menu plan and my thankful post since they go hand in hand (sort of!) Today I am thankful for my household "servants"! What are those? They are the useful appliances you may have around your house that you use to make your workload easier. For example, a dishwasher. Or a bread machine. Maybe a crock pot. You get the idea! A blog I enjoy, gdonna.com, has the charming idea of naming these. I thought it was so cute, that I decided to follow suit :) I currently have Hannah (my kitchen aid), Terry (dishwasher), Alice (crock pot), and Anne (pressure cooker). It may seem silly, but I really like the idea!

What are you thankful for today?

On to this week's menu!

Monday: Going over to in laws. Making tostados salad for DH

Tuesday: Beef stew, biscuits

Wednesday: Pan fried pork chops, roasted potatoes, green beans, corn

Thursday: Shepherd's Pie

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Date Night

Sunday: Spareribs and Sauerkraut, pears, mashed potatoes, chocolate pudding

For more menu ideas, check out orgjunkie.com!

2 comments:

  1. I first read the concept of thinking of appliances as servants in Laine's Letters many years ago. I love the idea of naming them - how cute!

    I haven't made Shepherd's Pie in ages. I think I'll put that on my menu next week.

    I followed you here from I'm an Organizing Junkie. I'd love to have you pay me a visit and check out my menu this week: http://lifewithdee.com/menu-monday-november-7-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Deanna! Thanks for stopping by!

    Now that you mention it, I remember that from Laine's Letters too!

    It's been awhile since we've had Shepherd's Pie as well. It just sounded good!

    ReplyDelete