Sunday, November 6, 2016

Being Thankful: November 6

One of my favorite movies is Steel Magnolias with my most favorite character being Truvy. To paraphrase one of her lines "God doesn't care where you go, just as long as you show up!" I hold firmly to that! :) I was raised Roman Catholic and, as a lot of people do as they get older, drifted away from the church. When my oldest son was two, I saw a notice at the church where is preschool was for bell ringers. I joined the bell choir there and played with them for 9 years. I still miss it sometimes :) Somewhere along the line of playing in the choir, I joined that church (Presbyterian). Extenuating circumstances moved me away from that church, so I started attending a church my in laws went to occasionally. Goodness, am I ever glad I did! It's a Christian church and, though small, has a fantastic preacher. He teaches the bible in such a way that you actually understand and you learn. Today I am thankful for finding this church and for our preacher.


What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment