Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Being Thankful: November 22 and MPM (November 21-27)



Hi there!
It's been such a busy week already that I completely forgot about MPM! I'll remedy that in a moment.
If you follow my blog, you know that I've been posting something I'm thankful for every day. While I truly believe we should be thankful everyday, this is really the month to focus on it. Today, I am thankful for the hard work my children have been putting forth in their school work. They are all doing so well and I am so proud of them! What are you thankful for today? Now on to my menu:

Monday- Curried Parsnip Soup

Tuesday- Kielbasa, fried cabbage, pirogie

Wednesday- Pressure cooked cube steak with gravy, rice, corn

Thursday (Thanksgiving)*

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- Chili, corn muffins

Sunday- Ham and cheese frittata, apple nachos, broccoli Parmesan souffle

*My mother in law is hosting Thanksgiving this year, but my mother and I always bring dishes to help round out the meal. There will 11 us at the table this year. Here's what is on the menu:

Turkey
Dressing
Gravy
Ham
Sweet potato casserole
Mashed potatoes
Green bean casserole
Beets
Lima beans
Rolls
Macaroni and cheese (me)
Deviled eggs (me)
Corn casserole (mom)
Holiday Jello (mom)

Desserts:
Traditional pumpkin roll
Pumpkin pie
Gluten Free Pumpkin roll (me)
Gluten Free chocolate cream pie (me)
Oreo stuff (me)
Pumpkin cake (mom)

I think I will make some gluten free rolls too, so that DH will have them.

For more menu ideas, check out orgjunkie.com!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a recipe for the gluten free desserts posted?
    Thank You,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Patti! Thanks for stopping by :) I certainly do, and they are both easy peasy! I used this recipe for the pumpkin roll: http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/thanksgiving-pumpkin-cake-roll/, substituting King Arthur Gluten Free Flour. I also omitted the xanthan gum called for in the recipe because the KA flour already contained it. I really think any gf flour blend would work for this, just add in the xanthan gum as needed.

    For the Hershey Pie I used this recipe: https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/en_US/recipes/3515/easy-hershey-bar-pie.html The made two changes...one, I used a commercial gluten free graham cracker crust that I found at my local grocery store. If almond meal wasn't so expensive, I would have made my own, following a standard graham cracker crust recipe and substituting almond meal for graham cracker crumbs. I've done this before and it's quite good! The second change I made (which is not necessary to be gluten free), was to use 8 oz fresh, sweetened whipped cream instead of Cool Whip, but that was just for personal taste :)

    ReplyDelete