Sunday, October 16, 2016

MPM (Octpber 17-23)



Mid October already...where is the month going? We are having a bit of warm weather this week (high 70's-low 80's) before it turns off cold again. Good thing too, as our heater/ac unit decided to go belly up. We're hoping we can get it replaced soon, especially before the really cold weather comes in.  Our winter is usually mild, but I look for it to be a fairly cold winter this year.
     I'm so excited! I have an acquaintance coming over tomorrow to start teaching me how to can! I can not wait! I've done water bath canning before, but we will actually be doing pressurized canning. Super excited! I would have liked to have had a cold weather garden, but I think it may be a bit too late. I'll hit the nursery this week and see if I can scrounge anything up. I'm primarily in the market for broccoli, spinach, and rutabaga or turnips. I'm still using Leanne's book for meal planning. We've really been enjoying the dishes. Here's this weeks eats:

Monday: Parmesan Drumsticks, cottage potatoes, steamed broccoli

Tuesday: Texas One Dish, Corn Muffins

Wednesday: Cauliflower soup, Biscuits

Thursday: Chicken Stroganoff, noodles, Lima beans

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Date Night

Sunday: Asian Honey Chicken, Rice

For more menu inspiration, check out orgjunkie.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment