Tuesday, October 25, 2016

MPM (OCtober 24-30)



Hi there!

Can you believe it will be November next week? My head is still spinning from the shock! Not much new is going on around here. Oldest DS(14) is finishing up marching band, but then he'll have steel drums, there are the usual scout meetings and such. Just normal, every day things for here. I don't remember if I mentioned it, but our ac/heater until conked out on us right after Hurricane Matthew passed through. Unfortunately, the entire unit needs to be replaced, but thankfully we are able to do that. Another unfortunate is that it can't happen until Thursday and, with the exception of today, it is going to be low 60's all week. Brrrr..... Luckily we have warm blankets and dogs! lol!
     Oh! Here's something new...I used my pressure cooker for probably the first time ever! I've had a small pressure cooker for years, but DH was the only one who ever used it. Then, several years ago, I picked up a pressure canner/cooker at a rummage sale for $8! I don't know what possessed me except that I've always wanted to can. It sat in its box until last Monday when I learned how to can pumpkin. Then I decided to use it to make dinner on Sunday. I made pot roast, potatoes and parsnips, and gravy...all in the pressure cooker and all in about an hour and a half (that is including the time to bring up the pressure and some cool down time). The roast was deliciously tender and the potatoes were quite amazing, too. I rounded out the meal with some corn and green beans. I have no idea why I waited so long to use this wonderful too, but you can bet I'll be using it again, and soon! On to this weeks menu!

Monday- Going to my in laws.

Tuesday- Asian Honey Chicken, rice

Wednesday- Macaroni and three cheese bake

Thursday- Pan fried pork chops, cottage potatoes, steamed broccoli, corn

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- Date Night

Sunday- Chicken and autumn vegetables in the crock pot, scalloped potatoes, Lima beans

With our heat being out, I've been trying to use the oven in the mornings to generate a little warmth in the house. This morning I made Chocolate Chocolate Chip muffins and thought I'd share them here. I adapted this recipe (which are equally delicious!) I've also used the same recipe to make blueberry muffins and one of these years I plan on trying a lemon version.


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
(adapted from Taste of Home Butterscotch Muffins )

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
2 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
3/4 cup of oil
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Note: for truly decadent muffins, omit the vanilla pudding and use two boxes of chocolate pudding, or use a different kind of chocolate pudding (such as chocolate fudge). I find using the vanilla and chocolate together gives a nice hot chocolate type flavor.

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and pudding mixes. In another bowl, whisk your wet ingredients together, until combined. Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in your chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Note: for the muffin cups, you can either use cupcake liners are spray with cooking spray. I usually go the cooking spray route as it is just easier. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment