Sunday, September 25, 2016

MPM (September 26-October 1)





Well hello there!
Can you believe it's almost October? Where did September go? It's been a whirlwind of back to school activities, that's for sure! One thing that's kept me on track though, is of course, my menu planning. However, last week wasn't so great. It was a busy week and I relied on a lot of crock pot meals. The only problem was, most of the ones I used had similar flavor profiles, so by the end of the week almost everyone was sick of the flavor and chicken (we ate a lot of chicken, too!). In an effort to provide more variety while still keeping things cost effective and a bit healthier, this week I'm offering up a host of meatless options. We'll see how it goes!

Monday- Spaghetti with tofu and cheese, steamed broccoli, gluten free rolls
Tuesday- Lentil tacos with fixings
Wednesday- Curry chicken over rice, asparagus
Thursday- Asian noodle bowls
Friday- Leftovers
Saturday-  Persian zucchini stew

In other news, I have changed to a vegan diet. I've been having trouble digesting dairy for awhile, so it was quite easy to give up. I've had a love/hate relationship with meat for years. There are times I can tolerate it and other times that I can't stand to even look at it. So far, it's been an easy transition and I'm enjoying my food. My only current problem is that I need to up my calorie intake. If my calories are too low, my body will hold on to weight. I went soda free in July, too. To date I've lost 18 pounds (my goal is to lose a total of 96 pounds. Either that or until I feel comfortable with my body. ) As a side note, my changing to a vegan diet has nothing to do with my weight loss plan. 

As always, for more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com

Hope y'all have a great week!
 

2 comments:

  1. How is the rest of the fam taking the new vegan menu or are you just doing that for yourself? I am not down with very many meats myself but my hubby is a major carnivore. I always make fun of his plate when we happen to go out to a Chinese buffet...it's all brown aka meat colored! He probably gorges there because at home it's all chicken and turkey. I refuse to touch raw beef. It creeps me out! ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary!
      Really, it's just me. I will cook regular meals for the fam. However, I am trying to get them to eat healthier (DH especially needs to lose weight), so more meatless dishes are popping up here and there. My 16 year old decided on her own to be vegetarian.

      Delete