Today I took a break from the entry way and focused on the fridge. It was really driving me crazy. Again, I didn't take pictures of before, but I can certainly post an after picture later. It looks amazing! I'm pretty sure my husband is going to laugh at me when he gets home and sees it, but I don't care! I love it!
Enough babbling...here's what is on the menu this week:
Smothered Beef (crock pot) (new recipe)
Marinated chicken on the grill (recipe below)
Chalupas (crock pot) (new recipe)
Spinach and Feta Casserole (vegetarian) (new recipe)
Gluten free cornbread
French Market Soup (crock pot) (new recipe)
Macaroni and two cheese bake (vegetarian) (new recipe)
Braised pork shoulder
Marinade for chicken (adapted from Finger Licking Chicken Marinade from Food.com):
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (lime juice works well, too)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoons thyme
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use to marinate chicken pieces at least 30 minutes and then to baste the meat as it cooks in the oven or over hot coals. I find it tastes best to marinate all day or even over night.