Monday, April 11, 2016

It's Monday and that means it is time for Menu Plan Monday over at orgjunkie.com! It's a great link up for motivation and inspiration. I tend to menu plan for the month so that I can snag specials when I see them and it can be a process. I am working on streamlining it down so that my planning is faster and easier. I mean, last week when I worked on my plan and grocery list it took a couple of hours. Granted, I was distracted by binge watching Gotham on Netflix, but still. Way too long. Because it's spring, I have gotten into spring cleaning mode. Well, maybe it would be better defined as just cleaning mode. I've had it up to my eyeballs with junk and stuff everywhere. I've tried various methods and watched countless videos, so all the information is there, I just lacked motivation to implement anything. The last straw came recently. We were having everyone over for Easter and as I cleaned stash and dashed everywhere and everything, I decided enough was enough! I started with the entry way which includes a low bookshelf, the front closet, and my craft dresser. I love to do a variety of crafts and since we don't have a lot of storage in this house, I use my old dresser. I wish I had thought to take before and after pictures, but I didn't. At least, not of part of the closet and my dresser. I'm still working in this area though, so I will take pictures of the rest.

Today I took a break from the entry way and focused on the fridge. It was really driving me crazy. Again, I didn't take pictures of before, but I can certainly post an after picture later. It looks amazing! I'm pretty sure my husband is going to laugh at me when he gets home and sees it, but I don't care! I love it!

Enough babbling...here's what is on the menu this week:

Monday

Smothered Beef (crock pot) (new recipe)
Rice
Cucumber Salad

Tuesday

Marinated chicken on the grill (recipe below)
Cottage potatoes
Corn

Wednesday

Chalupas (crock pot) (new recipe)
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Cheese

Thursday

Spinach and Feta Casserole (vegetarian) (new recipe)
Gluten free cornbread

Friday

French Market Soup (crock pot) (new recipe)

Saturday

Macaroni and two cheese bake (vegetarian) (new recipe)

Sunday

Braised pork shoulder
Mashed potatoes
Fried cabbage
Pudding parfaits


Marinade for chicken (adapted from Finger Licking Chicken Marinade from Food.com):

  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2  cup vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice (lime juice works well, too)
  • 1/2 tablespoon salt (to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoons thyme
  • 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
  1. Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
  2. Use to marinate chicken pieces at least 30 minutes and then to baste the meat as it cooks in the oven or over hot coals. I find it tastes best to marinate all day or even over night.

1 comment:

  1. Sister I am so with you on the decluttering binge. I have been working on it for the past few months. That's part of the reason for my backing off of regular blog posting. I never seem to be able to take "before" pictures either. I think to myself "what if the 'after' still looks like crap?" Then I have these ugly images floating around as constant reminders of my clutter and my failure of making it look afterific! ~mary~

    ReplyDelete