Thursday, April 28, 2016

Card Making

I dabble in making cards. It's a fun process, but I always tend to overthink things and I never think my cards turn out any good! However, they aren't going get better unless I practice, right? To that end, I have decided to participate in From the Heart Stamps Stamp of the Month Challenge.

FTHS is a great company that carries a wide selection of digital stamps. I've purchased several of them and the quality is just fantastic! Faith does a super job of designing the stamps and I have yet to be disappointed. One of the neat things about the Stamp of the Month Challenge is that when you participate, you receive the next month's image FREE! How awesome is that? Enough babbling...here's my card:

 The sentiment reads Time spent with you...and on the inside continues with...is time well spent. I'm going to send it to my mom :)

These are mini cards that I experimented with. I love how they turned out! All but one use a section from an adult coloring book that I colored using Spectrum Noir markers. They are just 3.5x2.5!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn, you are so encouraging and I look forward to seeing you participate in many more challenges. Thanks for introducing me to From The Heart Stamps. This stamp you have used is beautiful and it does all the masking for you! The background of your card looks like it is coloured/sponged vellum. The mini cards made from your colouring book is a great idea and they all look sensational. A very nice personal touch. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! FTHS has some really cute digi stamps. I really love them. The new one for the May challenge is especially cute :)

      I did the background on the card using Tim Holtz distress inks in, I think weathered wood, and just a little shaded lilac. I used a wet (damp) make up sponge to apply them. Then I took the digi image and tore around it and sponged ink on the exposed paper.

      Delete
  2. Mini cards are a great idea - bite sized coloring and a great way to use those digi's. Appreciate your entry with us this month for the Stamp Of the Month here at From The Heart Stamps. Can't way until May!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! I really enjoyed making the card and am anxious to do one for May!

      I love the mini cards because they are so quick!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Jenn! I'm so glad you've been playing along with our From the Heart Stamps SOTM challenge. The background on your card is amazing and plays so well with the way you colored this beautiful image. Can't wait to see what you do with this months cute image!

    ReplyDelete